This is a recipe that came about because of my love of all things lemon! My kids and grandkids love snickerdoodles (don’t we all!) One night I was playing around and thought I want to make a lemon cookie couldn’t find a recipe that I liked so decided that I would experiment. This is what I came up with! Hope you all like them. p.s. my brother in law says I am a goddess of the kitchen when I make these!
- 1 shortening
- 1 1/2 sugar
- 2 color
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of one lemon
- Cream together shortening, eggs and sugar until creamy.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour and all other dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredient to creamed mixture. Add the zest of a lemon and mix. (Set aside the lemon for later use.)
FOR LEMON SUGAR:
- In a small bowl mix granulated sugar and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Form dough into balls using a generous teaspoonful. Roll into lemon sugar to coat.
- Place on the ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, watching carefully (ovens differ)