This is a healthier version of traditional queso dip! Made with cashews, sweet potatoes, and carrots, this spicy dip is sure to be a hit…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked at least 4 hours or overnight
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red garnet sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes, plus extra for garnish if desired
- 1/4-1 cup water
- Drain the cashews and rinse them.
- Steam the sweet potatoes and carrots until soft, about 15 minutes. Reserve the water, as you will use some of it to thin your dip to your desired consistency.
- Using a powerful blender, blend your soaked cashews, steamed vegetables, and taco seasoning.
- Add the reserved steaming water, 1/4 cup at a time, until the dip reaches your desired consistency.
- I prefer about 3/4 cup water, but you can add more if you’d like it thinner or less for a thicker dip.
- In a medium skillet, cast iron if you have it, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until just softened about 3 minutes.
- Add the jalapeño (1 for regular, 2 for extra spicy) and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté about 30 seconds.
- Add the corn and tomato and cook another 2 minutes.
- Next, add the cashew vegetable mixture to the pan and stir to mix well. Cook until it is hot throughout, a few minutes more. Serve hot with tortilla chips.