I am sharing an original recipe I put together because I so much enjoyed an appetizer dip from the Pampered Chef. Using that as my inspiration, I came up with this Pizza Casserole. I had forgotten about this recipe because the last time I made it was over 5 years ago. I was looking through some old photos of gathered friends at my house and remembered serving the casserole for them. This was the first time I had made it for my “new” family. THEY LOVED IT!
Cook time: 30 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 8
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 4 c cooked pasta of your choice
- 2 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 3 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 c green pepper chopped
- 1/4 c chopped onion or green onion
- any meats you like on your pizza. Some of the ones I use: pepperoni, diced ham, bacon, ground chuck (browned and crumbled), Italian sausage (browned and crumbled)
- any other toppings you like on your pizza can be added: mushrooms, black olives, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine cream cheese, soup, and Italian seasonings, mix well.
2. Add into pasta, coating the pasta and put into a large sprayed casserole dish (I like to use a lasagna pan).
3. In a small bowl, combine mozzarella and Parmesan.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 on top of the pasta mixture.
5. Place meat choices over cheese.
6. Spread pizza sauce over the meat mixture.
7. Top with bell pepper, onions, and any other toppings. Top with remaining cheese. Bake in the oven until it is bubbly. I place it under the broiler for a few minutes to allow the cheese to turn golden brown.
NOTE** The fat can be reduced in this recipe without changing the flavor. I use Neufchatel (lower fat) cream cheese, reduced fat/reduced sodium Fit N’ Active Cream soup, mozzarella is already one of the healthiest cheeses, and a good healthy sauce. Hunts makes a great naturally low fat spaghetti sauce that is chunky vegetable