Bacon presents a compelling argument for anyone who doesn’t like fish. And for those who do, it just got better…
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, tomatoes, and parsley. Set aside.Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spread oil and butter in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Place fillets in the pan. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt.
- Top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.