Now that Thanksgiving is over, the Christmas holiday season has begun, which means family gatherings and holiday parties galore. Since my family has several celebrations that center around appetizers, I thought I’d start working on a few recipes that we would be able to enjoy. These Bacon Wrapped Cheese Sticks are so easy to make. I tried making them two different ways. First, I used the air fryer and while they turned out okay, I had to cook them much longer and ended up losing quite a bit of the cheese stick since it started to melt. So, I got out my cast iron skillet, added a little olive oil and fry them in hot oil. They got crispy so much faster! I may have cooked mine a few more minutes than necessary, but I prefer my bacon very crispy. They turned out great…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 6 Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- 6 slices of bacon
- approx 1 cup olive oil for frying depending on the size of your frying pan.
- Freeze the cheese sticks overnight.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each cheese stick starting at one end and rolling carefully until the other end.
- I wrapped the bacon around the ends and secured it in place with a toothpick.
- I tried to minimally overlap the bacon so that all of it would get crispy.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of olive oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Carefully place bacon wrapped cheese stick in
fryingpan and turn as each side gets brown and crispy so that the bacon cooks on all sides.
- Remove from oil when the bacon is crispy and brown on all sides and place on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb excess oil.