Bagels are one of my favorite foods, which means we had to make Low Carb Bagels so I could continue to enjoy them on a keto diet! Prior to turning to a keto lifestyle, there was always some sort of guilt associated with eating a bagel, or sometimes two. Topping it with loads of cream cheese, which is a must, only made it worse. So we wanted to shy away from anything too heavy and dense so we packed this bagel with protein and made it flourless! No, go make them and enjoy.
Ingredients [ For 6 to 7 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 5 oz cream cheese(room temperature).
- 4 tbsp butter(room temperature).
- 1 large egg(room temperature).
- 1/4 medium white onion(minced).
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/2 tbsp Baking powder.
- 3 scoops unflavored protein powder(90g).
- 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a silicone donut mold.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, butter, and eggs with a hand mixer.
- Add salt, garlic, onion, baking powder and protein powder to the mixture and combine with a hand mixture
- Evenly distribute the batter into a 6 cavity silicone donut mold. Bake for 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes