Here’s a way to dress up chicken breasts for a family dinner or party, using fresh mushrooms, green onions and two kinds of cheese…
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides.
- Transfer to a greased 11×7-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender.
- Add the broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.