This has got to be one of the easiest breakfast ideas I’ve ever made. Seriously, easy! This is a Low Carb Breakfast Cups Made in a Muffin Tin…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- Precooked bacon slices
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pepperoni slices
- Optional: Low Carb tortillas
- First, I started off cutting up 3 low carb tortillas into 4 triangles each.
- This gave me 12 different strips of tortilla to line the bottom of the muffin tin with.
- This is an optional step. If you are doing the Ketogenic diet, this would not be an approved item to have on this diet.
- I get my low carb tortillas from our local HEB grocery store.
- Next, I layer one slice of bacon cut in half in a crisscross pattern at the bottom of the muffin tin.
- I usually precook a big batch of bacon that I purchase in bulk from Zaycon. (That’s an excellent way to get high-quality meats at a fraction of the normal prices you pay at the grocery stores) If I run out before I am able to order again, I will splurge a bit and purchase the precooked bacon from Costco too.
- Layer about 2 pepperoni rounds on top of the bacon strips.
- Add a small amount of shredded mozzarella cheese (about a tablespoon or so) on top of the pepperoni rounds.
- Top the last layer with one egg.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and bake it at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.