These Low Carb Buffalo Sloppy Joes wrapped in crispy lettuce cups for the perfect dinner. Eating good just go so much easier…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 medium celery stalk
- 1/4 cup baby carrots
- 1 small white onion
- 1 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound ground chicken (or ground turkey works also)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup red hot sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a food processor pulse together celery stalk, baby carrots, onion. Or if you don’t have a food processor, very finely chop vegetables.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and minced vegetables.
- Saute 5-8 minutes, or until carrots and onions are tender.
- Add ground chicken. Cook until ground chicken is cook through.
- Turn heat down to low. Stir in garlic powder and red hot sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or enough to cool the mixture down a bit before stirring in mayonnaise.
- Note: If you place while it’s TOO hot it can cause the mayonnaise to curdle, just be cautious
- Spoon into your favorite low carb wrap or bun option and enjoy