This Cajun Chicken “Pasta” is deceptively healthy and full of veggies. It will convert even the strongest veggie haters! You can also try it with shrimp instead of chicken for a twist…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium bell peppers cut into strips (yellow, red or orange peppers work best)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 of a medium red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 lb boneless skinless, chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan divided
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside. Chop the peppers, onions, and garlic and set aside.
- Next, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is heating coat the chicken with 1-2 tsp of Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning.
- Once the oil is hot add your chicken to the pan, and cook until done and slightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside
- Using the same pan, reduce the heat to medium and add the chopped peppers, onion and garlic.
- Cook until the onion is beginning to turn translucent and peppers start to soften. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Still using the same pan, and still at medium heat, add 1 cup of unsweetened original almond milk, 2 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Stir continuously using a whisk until the cheese is melted and the sauce begins to thicken.
- At this point, taste your sauce and add more Tony’s if needed.
- Return the chicken and veggies to the pan and continue cooking until hot, still stirring frequently.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the zoodles (or serve the chicken and sauce over a bed of zoodles)
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese