This low-carb version is so close to the original, it’s hard to believe they are healthy! Anyways. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1/2 cup(56g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup(28g) almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp(45g) cold grated butter
- ~1/4 cup(50g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(60g) full fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp(30g) or 1 beaten egg white
- 2 slices crisp, cooked bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 400*F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spray/grease the parchment with oil.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Grate in the butter, cheese and then add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Stir to combine and then add in the bacon as well.
- Use your hands to form the somewhat crumbly mixture into a ball.
- Place the ball on the lined baking sheet and flatten to just over an inch or so thick.
- Brush the dough with heavy cream(optional, helps to brown) and then slice into 4-6 small pieces.
- Separate the pieces slightly and bake for 20-25min or until the scones are browned to your liking.
- Serve hot or freeze in an airtight container for a later occasion.