The best low carb chocolate cake recipe ever! Shredded zucchini makes it moist and is well hidden. The kids will never know you are sneaking in a vegetable…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup low carb sweetener 1:1 sugar replacement
- 1/4 teaspoon monk fruit powder see note for alternative
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups zucchini shredded
- In the large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa, Sukrin+, monk fruit, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Mix in eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in zucchini (and optional chocolate chips if using).
- Spread out into the greased 9×13-inch pan (or two round 9-inch pans).
- Bake at 350°F for about 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- NOTE: smaller pans, such as 9-inch round pans should be checked around the 15-minute mark.
- Cool on wire rack. Once cool, frost with chocolate buttercream frosting if desired.