When the idea came to my mind, I was thinking about making them into classic oblong shapes using fathead dough. However, I quickly changed my mind and decided to make with cups…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
Whipped Cream Layer
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (120 ccs)
- 1 tsp Stevia Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- A Pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter (14 g)
- 3 tbsp Confectioners Swerve
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream (60 ccs)
- A Pinch Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp Heavy Cream (or Water)
- Chopped Nuts, Sliced Almonds,
Chocolate Custard Cream Layer
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp Stevia Powder
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream (180 ccs)
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 2 – 3 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, Finely Chopped (28 g)
- 1 tsp Heavy Cream (Optional: To be added after one-hour refrigeration)
Fat Head Cups
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella (160 g)
- 2 oz Cream Cheese (56 g)
- 1 Egg
- 3.5 – 4 tbsp (30 g) Coconut Flour (OR 3/4 cup (85 g) Almond Flour)
- 1/2 tsp Stevia Powder
- 1/2 tsp Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Whipped Cream Layer
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place into a piping bag. Transfer to the fridge.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the butter and Swerve.
- Bring to a boil, stir occasionally as needed and cook until browned (about 3 – 5 minutes). Turn off the heat.
- Add one teaspoon of the heavy cream. The mixture will rapidly bubble.
- When it ceases, add the remaining heavy cream. Stir over medium-low heat until it thickens.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with the xanthan gum. Whisk well to combine.
- Turn on the heat again and stir over medium-low heat for about 20 – 30 seconds or until it gets thicker. Turn off the heat.
- Add the heavy cream (or water) and mix well.
- Remove the chocolate custard from the fridge. Remove the wrap carefully. Cream it with a whisk.
- Spoon 1/8 of the chocolate custard into each cup.
- Pipe the whipped cream over the chocolate custard.
- Place the caramel sauce into a piping bag and pipe over the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately or preferably refrigerate overnight.
Chocolate Custard Cream
- Whisk the egg yolks and stevia powder in a bowl until pale yellow.
- Add the xanthan gum. Mix well.
- Bring the heavy cream to almost a simmer in a saucepan.
- Add to the egg yolk mixture. QUICKLY whisk to combine, and then transfer the mixture to the saucepan.
- Keep stirring the mixture with a spatula over low – medium heat.
- When it starts to thicken, turn off the heat and stir 20 – 30 more seconds.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the unsweetened chocolate while still hot and let sit for a couple of minutes. Stir well until melted and creamy.
- Place a piece of cling wrap over the chocolate custard.
- Stick the wrap to the custard by pressing lightly to prevent a film from forming on top of the custard.
- Refrigerate for one hour or so.
Fat Head Cups
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / 375 F. Grease your muffin pan if not silicone.
- In a large saucepan, melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese over low heat until it can be stirred together and remove from the heat.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add an egg and stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Wet your hand and knead well until uniform.
- Divide the dough into eight equal portions and press each into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for about 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Carefully with the back of a spoon, press the center back down if they have puffed.
- Remove from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.