Instant Pot Low-Carb Dairy-Free Sous Vide Spinach and Chicken Sausage Egg Bites are a quick and easy healthy, keto, pressure cooker recipe that is perfect for meal prep…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 pieces chicken sausage cooked and sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen spinach drained
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Combine the eggs, egg whites, drained spinach, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk well to blend.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Add the trivet (this comes with the Instant Pot).
- Carefully, add the baby-food container to the Pot. I have a 6qt Instant Pot. The baby-food container I used has 9 compartments. This is a tight squeeze! FYI, but it still works out just fine.
- Using a ladle, spoon the egg mixture into each of the compartments of the baby-food container.
- Top with the chopped peppers, onions, and chicken sausage.
- Cover with the baby container lid. I did not snap the lid perfectly in place. I made sure the egg bites were covered.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Set the Instant Pot to the Steam setting. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes, instead of immediate quick release.
- Press the release button, open the pot, and remove the container.
- Allow the egg bites to cool for a few minutes.
- To remove the bites, I carefully pushed up on the bottom of each. From there, each should slide right out.