This easy homemade strawberry lemonade cake recipe needs 20 minutes prep time & 10 ingredients. No one will guess it’s low carb, sugar-free & gluten-free…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1/2 cup Strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered erythritol
- 2/3 cup Sour cream
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 1/3 cup Erythritol
- 3/4 cup Butter (softened)
- 8 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Lemon zest (optional, but recommended)
- 3 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup Strawberries (sliced thinly)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottoms of two 9″ round springform pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the butter and erythritol, until light in color and slightly fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Beat in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pans and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top, is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Whipped Cream Frosting
- Puree the strawberries in a blender. Add the powdered erythritol, sour cream, and lemon juice. Puree again until smooth.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat heavy cream until very stiff peaks form.
- Gradually fold in the strawberry mixture, 1/4 to 1/2 cup at a time, being careful not to break down the whipped cream.
- Let the cake layers cool separately to room temperature.
- Frost the bottom cake layer first. Arrange sliced strawberries over the frosting, then top with the second cake layer. Frost the top and sides of the cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.