A big ole pot of bubbling meat and veggies in a tomato-y broth, sans carbs. What more could you ask for?!
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef, 80/20
- 1 Yellow Onion, large
- 4 Cloves Garlic, large, minced
- 1, 15 Ounce Tomato Sauce, canned
- 1, 14.5 Ounce Diced Tomatoes, canned
- 1.5 Tablespoons Soy Sauce,
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano,
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Basil,
- 2 Dried Bay Leaves,
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoned Salt,
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper,
- 10 Ounces Cabbage, shredded
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded, (optional, use for the topping)
- In a large Dutch oven, cook the meat over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks into small pieces.
- Cook until the meat is cooked through and there’s no longer any pink. Stir in the onions and garlic.
- Cook and stir the mixture until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, oregano, basil, bay leaves, seasoned salt, and black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cabbage, and let simmer for about 5 minutes (for more crunchy texture) to 10 minutes (for softer texture).
- Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and refrigerate, if possible, overnight. If you must, you could serve.