ow carb version of the popular Jalapeno Popper Chicken that you could serve both low carbs and carb lovers alike. If you really wanted to add a carb-y side as an option, might I suggest serving it over this Mexican Cilantro Rice…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- salt and pepper to taste
For The Topping
- 2 oz bag of Pork Skins, crushed
- 1/2 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 TBSP butter, melted
For The Jalapeno Popper Layer
- 5 slices of bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno slices, diced (the kind in the jar that you put on nachos)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breast in a 13×9 casserole dish and bake until juices run clear. 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the breast.
- While chicken is baking, fry bacon pieces until crispy.
- Remove bacon and add onions and saute until tender.
- Remove from heat and add crispy bacon, onions, jalapenos, cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix until well combined. Remove chicken from oven and reduce to 350 degrees.
- Spread jalapeno popper mixture all over each Chicken breast until well covered.
- Bake for 15 more minutes or until topping is starting to get brown and bubbly.
- For the Crumb topping: mix together the crushed pork skins, Parmesan cheese and melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken and place under broiler for a couple of minutes until pork skins are browned.
- Careful not to burn it.