This Low Carb Meatball Casserole Recipe is absolutely fabulous in every way imaginable! You really can’t mess up this recipe in any way. These ingredients together equal heaven here on earth. It’s just like the Keto lasagna recipe we made. It’s a clear winner with the whole family! It’s amazing how excited one gets a low carb or keto friendly recipe…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 1 LB Ground Turkey
- 1 LB Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 C Shredded Mozzarella
- ⅓ C Grated Shredded Parmesan
- 1 Shredded Zucchini
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 TSP Garlic, minced
- 2 TSP Italian Seasoning
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Black Pepper
- 1 C Sugar-Free Pasta or Marinara Sauce (I used Rao’s)
- 8 oz. Pizza Blend Shredded Cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 400.
- Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground turkey, Italian sausage, mozzarella, parmesan, zucchini, egg, onion powder, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, make meatballs and place in casserole dish.
- Place in oven for 25-35 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Carefully remove any grease from the casserole dish.
- Place pasta or marinara sauce on top of meatballs.
- Evenly spread shredded cheese on top.
- Place under broiler for 5-10 minutes to melt cheese and heat sauce.