This Italian-style gluten-free low carb meatballs recipe is so easy – just 30 minutes to make! They are keto, nut-free & make a perfect dinner or appetizer…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened coconut milk (or any milk of choice)
- 3 tbsp Onion (grated)
- 1 large Egg
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 3/4 cup Marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (grease if using foil).
- In a large bowl, stir together the grated Parmesan cheese, golden flaxseed meal, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Whisk in the milk, grated onion, egg, garlic, and fresh parsley. Let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes.
- Mix in the ground beef using your hands, until just incorporated. (Don’t over-mix to avoid tough meatballs.)
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the lined baking sheet. (A small cookie scoop works well for this.
- If using your hands, use a gentle touch and don’t pack the meatballs too tightly.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the meatballs are barely done.
- (If you want them more golden, you can place them under the broiler for a couple of minutes.)
- Top each meatball with marinara sauce.
- Return to the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, until the sauce is hot and meatballs are cooked through. Garnish with additional fresh parsley.