These mini bell pepper nachos are LOADED with Mexican flavor! They’re an easy, low carb and gluten free way to get your nacho fix for under 200 calories…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1/2 lb Lean ground beef (I used 93%)
- 26 Mini peppers
- 6 Tbsp Salsa
- 1 cup Grated reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, packed (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup Tomato diced
- 1 Large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup Green onion diced
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a medium pan over medium-high heat and cook the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks, until no longer pink inside.
- Also, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the stem off each pepper and cut in half, removing the seeds and white flesh.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and arrange the peppers so that the cut sides are facing up.
- Stir the salsa into the cooked beef and fill the peppers with the beef. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the tomato, green onion, avocado, and cilantro.
- DEVOUR immediately, with optional dips