The first time I ever made meatballs with P was one of the first times we hung out…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c. breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 c. marinara
- 10 slices provolone
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, and parsley.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, then mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Using your hands, form into 12 evenly sized balls. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add meatballs in a single layer and sear on all sides until a nice crispy crust develops, about 2 minutes per side.
- Pour marinara around the meatballs and stir until the meatballs are fully sauced. Simmer for 10 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 2 to 3 meatballs on one slice of provolone.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley and fold over provolone to make a sandwich.
- Repeat until all meatballs are used.