Two of my favorite foods are bacon and seafood. In this dish, I get them together with white wine, shallots, and baby spinach. Serve with bread to soak up the tasty broth…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds), side muscles removed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach (about 8 ounces)
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. Wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon drippings over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining drippings in the same pan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add spinach; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until wilted.
- Stir in bacon. Serve with scallops.