This low carb strawberry pretzel-less dessert is the perfect party or picnic dish. Similar to the traditional salad but without the pretzels and all the taste! Only 1.6g of net carbs per serving…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 18 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 0.3 oz boxes of sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 8 large strawberries sliced
- 8 oz of cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup of Swerve sweetener
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups raw pecans chopped
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the gelatin to a bowl and pour 2 cups of boiling water over top.
- Whisk until the gelatin is melted and then set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in the microwave while adding pecans and 1/4 cup of Swerve to a food processor.
- Pulse until the nuts are sticky.
- Add nut mixture to melted butter and mix well. Place into a large baking dish (I used a 13 x 9) and press down to make the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
- In the meantime using a hand mixer, cream the rest of the Swerve and cream cheese. Add the cream and whip until nice and creamy and fluffy.
- Pour and smooth the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust, making sure to make a solid layer so the gelatin won’t leak through.
- Mix the strawberries into the gelatin and then pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before eating.