Today, I have a low carb turkey pot pie recipe for those of you still working through your leftover turkey. Not only is the pot pie low in carbs, but you’ll be happy to learn the topping is a decadent, buttery biscuit crust that’s also entirely gluten-free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 10 minute – Cooking time : 45 minutes ]
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 12 oz turkey precooked, chopped
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1/3 cup turkey bone broth
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the turkey in a 9 X 6-inch casserole dish.
- Combine onions, celery, and garlic in a nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat until onions brown.
- Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish.
- Add bone broth to the skillet and bring heat over medium.
- Slowly add in xantham gum while quickly whisking.
- Remove from heat once the xantham gum has fully dissolved and the mixture has the consistency of gravy.
- Pour the mixture over the ingredients in the casserole dish and mix to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then smooth mixture out evenly.
- For the topping, use a hand mixer to combine almond flour and butter.
- Mix in baking powder and salt. Finally, mix in the egg until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Transfer the batter to the turkey mixture and evenly spread the batter over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting in to serve.