This healthy recipe for low carb un-stuffed cabbage roll soup is out of this world! This hearty and delicious soup recipe is loaded with 31 grams of protein and only 12.6 grams of carbs per serving…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 1/2 head cauliflower or 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 5 cups beef broth low sodium
- 1 large cabbage or 8 cups sliced
- Heat olive oil and garlic on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and shallots and cook until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Add seasonings to beef and marinara sauce.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the beef mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour the beef into the crockpot.
- Pour beef broth into the crockpot and add cabbage.
- Stir to combine everything.
- Cook on high 3 hours or low 6 hours.
- If you don’t have a crockpot, simply cook ground beef in a dutch oven or heavy soup pot, follow the recipe and simmer on low, covered for about an hour until cabbage is tender.