Lemon cheesecake is SO DELICIOUS! This luscious lemon cheesecake is definitely to die for and full of amazing lemony flavor! Moist, creamy …Rich Luscious Lemon Cheesecake. “I’m always greeted with oohs and aahs when I bring out this exquisite dessert,” relates Kaaren Jurack of Manassas, Virginia …
A simple but very impressive pud, light enough to have a slice to finish a big meal,
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2⅔ cups graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- ⅓ cup organic sugar
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- 24 oz cream cheese
- 1¼ cup organic sugar
- 3 eggs, cage free
- 2 Tbs grated lemon peel
- 3 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs, cage free
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 Tbs grated lemon peel
- 6 Tbs butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°.
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a large baggie, add graham crackers, a few at a time, and roll with a rolling pin to get fine crumbs. Continue this step until you have 2⅔ cups.
- Add to medium mixing bowl, along with the sugar. Stir until combined.
- Whisk in melted butter until graham crackers crumbs are well coated.
- Press graham cracker crumbs into either a 9 inch springform pan or a 9 inch deep dip pie plate.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat on medium speed, cream cheese and sugar until creamy and smooth.
Beat in eggs on low speed.
- Stir in lemon juice, grated lemon peel and vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Add lemon cheesecake mixture to graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Put cheesecake in the fridge for approximately 6 hours or overnight.
- In a small pan, whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon peel and juice until combined well.
- Add butter to pan and continue stirring constantly. Mixture will thicken and will be done when then lemon glaze mixture sticks to the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from pan, put into a small bowl and let glaze cool for 15 minutes.
Refrigerate covered until cold.
- Once cheesecake has chilled, remove from springform pan, if using, and add lemony glaze. If using a deep dish pie plate, top cheesecake with
- lemon glaze and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated.