- 1 lb Italian sausage (ground)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (16 ounces) box elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 (26 ounces) jars spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu meat)
- In a small bowl whisk together your beaten egg, ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and 2 tsp garlic powder.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package for 8-11mins.
- Brown sausage and drain; add 1 jar spaghetti sauce.
- In 13×9-inch baking dish layer noodles, ricotta mixture, meat sauce, mushrooms.
- Repeat layers.
- Heat other jars of sauce adding oregano, and 1tsp garlic powder, and pour over top of the dish — careful not to overfill, but fully saturate.
- Cover with foil and cook 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with 1.5-2 cups mozzarella and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.