Mars Bars and Maltesers are Australian favorites, so it only makes sense to combine the two into one delicious chocolate slice…
- 250g pkt milk arrowroot biscuits (or other sweet biscuit)
- 2 cups of rice bubbles
- 125g butter
- 400g tin condensed milk
- 2 Tbspn cocoa
- 185g pkt maltesers, cut in half
- 200g white chocolate
- Line a slice tin (18cm x 28cm) with baking paper.
- Place biscuits in a zip lock bag & crush with a rolling pin to a fine crumb consistency. (this can also be done in a food processor or thermomix
o save time.
- Pour into a large bowl along with the rice bubbles & ¾ cup halved maltesers.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add butter, condensed milk & cocoa. *Whisk until melted together & smooth.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour over dry ingredients & mix until combined.
- Press into the tin.
- Break white chocolate into a bowl & heat in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring each time until smooth.
- Pour over slice.
- Press remaining maltesers into the chocolate.
In the fridge for up to 1 week.
If you intend to refrigerate or freeze the slice for longer than 1 day,
press the maltesers into the chocolate with the cut side down.
They will stay crunchy.
Refrigerate/freeze until set.
To keep your white chocolate glossy & stop it from cracking, add
1 Tbspn melted copha to the melted chocolate prior to pouring onto
the lice. Malte