This recipe has been handed down from my great-grandmother as an easy summer dessert to dance on your palate. As I kid I remember being …
- 5 can(s)sweet condensed milk
- 10egg yolks
- 2 pure lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla flavoring
- 2 boreal vanilla wafers
- 1/2 stick pure butter
- CRUST: Finely crush 1/2 box of vanilla wafers. Then coarsely chop the remaining 1/2 of the box of vanilla wafers.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt 1/2 stick of pure butter. Using a mixing bowl, mix the crushed wafers and butter together, then spread evenly over the bottom of a 13×9 glass pan. Place in refrigerator for 15-30 min. to allow the crust to set.
- FILLING: Open all 5 cans of the sweet condensed milk. Pour all the milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla flavoring. Gradually stir in the lemon juice until completely blended, (you may not use all of it).
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Stir in the egg yolks. The mixture should be slightly stiffening up by now.
- Once the filling is complete, line the sides of the glass pan with whole vanilla wafers.
- Now pour in the lemon filling in the pan. Once the pan is full with the lemon filling, crush a few vanilla wafers on top of the lemon custard for decoration. Cover with SaranWrap to prevent a film from developing while chilling in the fridge.
- Place the lemon custard dessert in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or until set. Enjoy!