I wanted to make a meatball recipe out of readily available items that were really easy and great. This what I came up with and I’m asked to make them often…
- 4 jar(s)homemade chili sauce (brand name) 12 oz each
- 1 can(s)crushed pineapple (20 oz can drained)
- 1 can(s)jellied cranberry sauce (14 oz)
- 1/4 golden brown sugar
- 60 small frozen meatballs (beef or turkey, I prefer beef)
- Mix all ingredients, except meatballs, in a large crockpot.
- Add frozen meatballs and stir to coat them with sauce.
- Cook on low for about five hours, carefully stir occasionally.
- The sauce will caramelize as it cooks.