This colorful, low calorie, high fiber salad was a real hit when I tested it on my girlfriends, when they came over for dinner. I knew they really liked it when.
- 1 bag romaine lettuce
- 3 cups fresh spinach (from a bag), chopped
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) diced cooked turkey breast, see shopping tip
- 1½ cups fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced int half or tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup red onions, diced
- ½ cup pepperoncini or banana pepper, sliced, see shopping tip
- 1 (2¼ oz) small can black olives, sliced
- 1 cup white kidney beans (cannellini beans) rinsed and drained or garbanzo beans if desired
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup red bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup Girard’s Light Caesar or Champagne dressing, Cardini’s Light Caesar vinaigrette or your favorite light Italian-style dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated, optional
How to make it:
- In a large bowl, add all salad ingredients except salad dressing and cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve: toss in dressing and balsamic vinegar. Divide among 6 plates. Sprinkle each salad with 1 tablespoon Parmesan, if desired
- This recipe can easily be cut in half if desired. If you want to eat leftovers the next day, only toss in dressing, the amount you’ll need for each meal.
- Makes 6 main course salads (about 2¼ cups each)