Who has time to giggle about finicky side dishes? We didn’t. We want a high-impact, simple, flavorful dish that will impress everyone without putting a lot of time or effort into it. We needed a large serving of potatoes in this situation, so what better way to make them than tossing them on a baking sheet and letting the oven do the work?? Put a seasoning mixture together with your favorite dried herbs and then add some butter – voilà! Put your potatoes into the mixture of melted butter, add some of the ingredients, and then get those bad boys in the oven. You’ll get it why it’s called Melt-In-Your-Mouth Melting Potatoes when you try it.
Active: 25 mins | Total: 1hr 10mins | Servings: 6
- (2) lbs of Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- (5) cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- First, position rack in the upper third of the oven, then preheat 500 degrees F.
- Toss potatoes, butter, oil, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Arrange in a single layer in a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan. (Do not use a glass dish, which could shatter.) Then roast for about 30 minutes, flipping once until it turns brown.
- Add broth and garlic carefully to the pan. Continue roasting until most of the broth is absorbed and the potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes more. Serve hot.
The trick here is to allow the tots to cook undisturbed for a while, but feel free to flip them if you like, then remove your sheet pan from the oven and add the magic ingredient: chicken broth. That’s right, just add some liquid that’ll get absorbed right up and help these potatoes transform into the most amazing melt-in-your-mouth bites that you can imagine.
Per Serving: 206 calories; sodium 315mg 13% DV; potassium 842mg 24% DV; carbohydrates 28.1g 9% DV; fiber 2.4g 10% DV; sugarg; protein 3.3g 7% DV; exchange other carbs 2; vitamin a iu 140IU; vitamin c 1mg; folate 1mcg; calcium 12mg; ironmg; magnesium 1mg; total fat 8.5g 13% DV; saturated fat 3g; cholesterol 10mg 3% DV.