Twist on meat and potatoes for dinner tonight! Taco flavored ground beef mixed with hash browns, and, of course, topped with cheese! The base of this …The base of this casserole is a creamy taco-flavored ground beef mixture. You can leave the taco seasoning out or use …
1 lb very lean ground beef (90%)
½ cup diced green bell pepper, divided
½ cup diced red bell pepper, divided
½ cup corn
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can (10.5 oz) tomato soup
1 pkg (3 oz) low-fat cream cheese
½ cup chopped onion, divided
2 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese, divided
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ bag (30 oz bag) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray a 2 or 2½ quart oblong casserole dish.
- Brown ground beef, half of the bell peppers and onion in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Drain fat from pan, reduce heat.
- Add the undiluted tomato soup, corn and the cream cheese. Stir until well combined and no chunks of cream cheese are visible. Stir in taco seasoning and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Turn mixture into prepared pan, spreading mixture evenly across the bottom.
- In a separate bowl, combine the defrosted hash browns, the remaining peppers, salt, pepper and remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Top ground beef with potato mixture, pressing it down slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until topping is browned and crispy on top.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!