OHHHH MY GOODNESS!! This dish is fabulous! Laura was right when she said she did good!!!
The meat and bean mixture inside the pasta was perfect, and the creamy cheese and sour cream was the ideal touch on top. (If you don’t like black olives and green onions you could easily leave that off.)
I served this with corn but as an afterthought, though Spanish rice would also be great with this. It smells great, looks great and makes a lot, too – perfect for a large get-together!
Cook time: 1 Hr 30 Min Serves: 6
1 lb lean ground beef
2 c mexican blend shredded cheese
1 can(s) refried black beans (bush’s)
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 jar(s) 16 oz. picante sauce
2 c sour cream
2 green onions, sliced
1 small can(s) sliced black olives
2 c water, warm
1 box manicotti shells
1. Mix raw ground beef with taco seasoning, 1 cup of cheese and 1 can refried black beans.
2. Using the uncooked manicotti shells, stuff the meat mixture into the shells and place in a large baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Pour the jar of picante over the stuffed shells. Then pour in the 2 cups of warm water.
4. Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs.
5. When shells are done and dish is bubbly top with sour cream, reserved cheese and olives.
6. Put back in oven for 5-10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and top with green onions.