Our family loves this simple recipe for Mexican White Cheese Dip/Sauce. Serving it during a football game and Taco Tuesdays around here has become a tradition. If I don’t use our tacos to serve this Mexican white cheese dip recipe, then I’ll have some upset kids. This white cheese dip from Mexico is a smooth, zesty cheese dip that requires just only a few ingredients and is ready in less than 20 minutes. It is super delicious and flexible. It is the best authentic recipe for white cheese dip you’ll find. You don’t need any Velveeta goods anymore. You will love this super quick Mexican White Cheese Dip/Sauce. Try this recipe for Mexican White Cheese Dip/Sauce, and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10mins | Total: 15 mins | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound white American cheese, cubed
- ½ cup milk, or as needed
- 1 tbsp of butter or margarine
- 2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chilies
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- (1) pinch cayenne pepper to taste
- Add and place cheese, milk, and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Cook until cheese has melted, stirring frequently. Then stir in green chilies, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Then add more milk if the dip is too thick. Then heat through and serve immediately.
The dip is similar to white sauces served in many Mexican restaurants. Adding your favorite chili pepper or crushed cayenne pepper to taste will change the amount of heat. As it is, it’s child friendly, easy, and delicious. You can use it in many Mexican dishes, as a dip for tortilla chips, or as a sauce.
You can also add a different flavor to this Mexican White Cheese Dip/Sauce by adding the green chillis in Rotel instead. We did it both ways, and we love it.
Per Serving: 232.6 calories; fat 19.9g 31% DV; cholesterol 55.1mg 18% DV; sodium 1207mg 48% DV; protein 13g 26% DV; carbohydrates 5.3g 2% DV.