This is a simple yet wonderful pie! The strawberries are piled high…. and aren’t mushy… but fresh! This is not an overly sweet pie… the flavor of the fresh strawberries shine through… It can be made with regular or sugar free Jell-O. If you like strawberries… this is the pie for you! It looks like you worked on it all day… When you bring this pie out for dessert… everyone’s eyes get so big… and so do the smiles! .
Cook time: 5 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 1 pie
- 1 pie crust shell, baked (9 – 12 inch pie pan)
- 1 1/2 c water
1 1/2 c sugar
4 Tbsp corn starch
1 small box strawberry jello
2 1/2 qt strawberries, fresh (or more!!! for taller pie!!)
- whip cream for topping or cool whip
- whole or sliced strawberries
1. Bake your favorite pie shell and set aside to be filled later.
2. Mix together with a whisk: Water sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add the strawberry Jell-O and whisk and stir until well blended and jello is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool (don’t let it get set, just cooled).
3. Wash the strawberries, pat dry, remove the hulls. Cut strawberris in half (or leave whole!!). Gently fold the strawberries into the Jell-O mixture.
4. Pile the strawberries up in the baked pie shell (it will look like a hill). Refrigerate at least an hour.
5. *** Serve as is, or with a spoonfull of whip cream or cool whip and a strawberry on top. *** Cover the entire hill of strawberries with whipped cream or cool whip. Place some strawberries on top to garnish.