Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a pineapple lovers dream come true. This moist delectable cake has an easy cream cheese frosting that has been flavored with pineapple juice and topped with toasted coconut. It screams summer in every bite and is perfect for graduations, pool parties, patio shindigs and baby showers.
I love this cake so much. It is just that good. This is a must try. I am warning you though. You really should have a plan in place for sharing this because it is almost impossible to just eat one piece. Not a huge coconut fan? No problem at all. Just omit it and the cake is still outstanding. Not a fan of nuts in your cake? No worries. Just omit them or swap them out for walnuts. As I always say don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
1 can(s) crushed pineapple in 100% juice (large can – 20oz) – do not drain
2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 c sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking soda
8 oz cream cheese, room temp
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
2 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put all cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and blend by hand to combine. No need to bust out the beaters for this one, but you can if you want to!
3. Pour mixture into a 9×13 glass pan. You do not need to grease, flour, spray, etc. Trust me.. it comes out perfect without! Bake 30-40 minutes until just golden and baked through.
4. You’ll want to frost the cake while still warm, so prepare your frosting as your cake bakes. You can frost when cooled all the way, too, but it is just easier to frost warmer. Simply add your frosting ingredients into a large bowl and beat until combined and smooth.
5. Spread the frosting on the warm cake right in the pan. Let cool, then refrigerate. Serve cold and enjoy!!