There’s a reason why so many old fashioned recipes are still around. They’re delicious classics that never get tiresome. Take for instance, Newfoundland molasses raisin buns (also known as Lassy Buns or Lassie Buns). A simple tea bread, Lassy Buns are sort of a cross between a molasses cookie and a biscuit.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups flour
- Combine milk, egg, molasses, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Stir well. Add sugar and butter.
- Mix well and warm mixture in microwave for 40 seconds.
- Add flour and mix well. Form into balls and place in rows in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Note: add 1 cup raisins for Molasses Raisin Buns
Can also be made in muffins pans
Source : allrecipes,com