Ever since I can remember every Thanksgiving, Christmas and family reunion my mom baked her fresh apple cake in a big old bundt pan…
- 1 1/2 vegetable oil
- 2 cougar
- 2 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 chopped pecans
- 5 chopped red apples
- 1/3 Tennessee whiskey I use blackjack( can be omitted)
SAUCE OR GLAZE
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C evaporated milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl peel 5 red apples, quarter and then cut out the core.
- Slice each quarter in 2 half then rough chop each apple pour whiskey over apples set aside
- In mixing bowl with beaters add oil and sugar mix well.
- Then add one egg at a time beating after each egg until mixed well.
- Mix dry ingredients together in medium bowl and add 1/3 of dry ingredients to mixing bowl on low speed until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Remove mixing bowl add vanilla, apples and pecans mix by hand until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Oil and flour 1 large bundt pan or 1 mini bundt pan (makes 18 to 24 mini bundts
using mini bundt pan spoon ½ cupcake mixture into each mini bundt and bake for 10-14 minutes or until cake is golden brown place on cooling rack for 10-15 minutes
- If using bundt pan pour cake mixture into bundt and place on center rack in the oven and bake for 20- 30 minutes or until cake is golden brown remove from oven and place on cooling rack for 20 minutes.
- While cakes are cooling make sauce or glaze.In a medium iron skillet place butter and brown sugar on medium heat.
- Let butter melt and sugar dissolve then stir with wooden spoon until incorporated about 6-8 minutes remove from stove top and add evaporated milk and stir to incorporate place back on stovetop and cook 2 –4 minutes remove from stove top add vanilla stir and let cool at least 15 minutes then you may glaze the cakes or cake.
- Then unmold onto cake/cake plate and pour icing over entire cake or cakes. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before you cut I know it will be tempting but wait. Then enjoy a really cold glass of milk and an old love letter from your parents if you are lucky!!