Sometimes, you get bored of the same sandwiches and you just want to make some change. Well, these Monte Cristo sandwiches will cheer you up! Check out how it’s made…
- 2 eggs.
- Pinches of salt and pepper.
- 4 slices of sturdy white bread.
- 2 tbsps of mustard.
- 2 tbsps of mayonnaise.
- A ½ pound of thick sliced baked ham.
- A ½ ounce of weight shredded gruyere cheese.
- More salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tbsps of butter.
- Powdered sugar, honey, preserves (optional for topping).
- In a large shallow dish, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the mustard, mayonnaise, ham, cheese, salt, and pepper and slightly compress them.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat then dip each sandwich in the beaten eggs and place in the skillet.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side until browned and Voila!
- Easy, peasy and cheesy!
- You can get these ready in less than 15 minutes, so it can be perfect for breakfast in case you are running late!