This recipe is prepared to be reminiscent of Chicken & Dressing, but no dressing & fewer calories! Sausage, Mushroom & Chicken Casserole is …
- 3-4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16-ounce bag frozen cauliflower, cooked well and drained
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- Brown the sausage with the celery, onion, and mushrooms.
- Stir the softened cream cheese into the sausage mixture until well blended.
- Coarsely chop the cooked cauliflower.
- Mix all of the ingredients and spread in a greased 9×13″ baking dish.
- If desired, dust the top with paprika.
- Bake at 350º for about 40 minutes until the top is nicely browned.