Wow, the glaze for his holiday ham is a cut above the rest. The flavors of pineapple, brown sugar, honey, and Dijon mustard really shine through. The cuts on the ham allow the glaze to absorb deeper into the ham infusing it with rich flavor. Pineapple on top helps hold moisture in the ham as it finishes cooking and is incredibly tasty. Spoon the drippings over the finished ham and pineapple for the final touch. A beautiful centerpiece for your holiday meal.
7 lb ham butt portian
1 can(s) pineapple slices, unsweetened
1/2 c honey
1/2 c light brown sugar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard, grainy type
1. Place ham in a large shallow roasting pan.
2. Using a sharp knife cut into diamond-type shapes on top of the skin about 1/2 inch into the meat. If using a spiral ham, diamond cuts are optional.
3. In a saucepan, mix pineapple juice about 1/2 cup with the honey and brown sugar. Then mix in mustard. Whisk together and simmer stirring for a few minutes.
4. Remove glaze pan and set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake ham uncovered about two hours until nicely browned on top. Adjust the cooking time according to your ham size.
6. Using a brush put glaze all over ham especially into top cuts and all over the sides.
7. Place pineapple slices over the top of the ham.
8. Continue baking another 40-50 minutes. Ham should be very brown all over. Cool about 20 minutes or more. If using an unsliced ham, use an electric knife to slice thin.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!