Even novice bakers who normally shy away from homemade pie pastry can’t go wrong with this recipe. It’s so easy to roll out and produces a tender, flaky crust …
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups shortening
- 1 T sugar
- 2 t salt
- 1 T white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- Using a fork or pastry blender, mix together the first 4 ingredients.
- In a separate dish, beat the remaining ingredients.
- Combine the 2 mixtures, stirring with a fork until all ingredients are moistened.
- Then divide into 5 parts and shape into balls.
- Chill for 15 minutes before rolling out or wrap and freeze.