It’s been a while I haven’t baked pears, so yesterday I made this amazing nilla wafer pear crumble, it was worth the time! Check it out.
You’ll Need (for the pear):
- 2 large cans of drained and sliced pears.
- ¼ cup of sugar.
- 2 tbsps of flour.
- 2 tsps of vanilla.
- ½ tsp of ground ginger.
You’ll Need (for the topping):
- ⅓ cup of flour.
- ¼ cup of brown sugar.
- ¼ cup of cold butter.
- 12 crushed nilla wafer cookies.
- Mix together the pears, ¼ cup of sugar, 2 tbsps of flour, vanilla and ginger until well combined then spread the mixture in an 8×8 baking dish.
- Mix together the flour and brown sugar in a medium bowl and cut in the butter and blend to crumble. Fold in the crushed nilla wafers and mix to combine.
- Top the pears mixture with the wafers mixture and bake for 35 minutes in a preheated oven to 375°.
- Simple, easy and delicious! I served this amazing nilla wafer pear crumble with vanilla ice cream, you can also serve it with a little heavy cream poured over it.
- Give it a shot and let me know what you think.