I will add teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. This says ArtandtheKitchen: No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie, layers of cheesecake and pumpkin pie. My Best Ever …
- 1 8oz Pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tbs cold half and a half (can use milk if desired)
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 5 Cups thawed Cool Whip topping
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust (shortbread or gingersnap is also great)
- 2 Pkgs (4-serving size) Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 Can (16oz) pumpkin (E.D. Smith Brand is used – some brands are too runny)
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- ½ Tsp ginger
- ¼ Tsp Cloves
- Mix cream cheese, 2 Tbs half and a half and sugar with wire whisk until smooth and NO lumps.
- Gently fold in 3 cups Cool Whip Topping until fully combined.
- Spread on the bottom of the pie crust (do this by adding dollops over the crust, then spread out evenly).
- Pour 1 cup half and a half into the large mixing bowl, add both packages of the vanilla pudding mix.
- Beat with a wire whisk until blended for 1 minute (do NOT use a mixer or it will get lumpy). Let it stand for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin and spices into the pudding and mix well.
- Gently spread over cream cheese layer (again, do this by adding dollops over the cream cheese, then carefully spread out evenly, so the cheesecake and pumpkin layers don’t mix together).
- Top with 2 cups of Cool Whip topping. Use the same process above.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
E.D Smith pure pumpkin is used in this recipe, which is really thick. Other brands which are not as thick (too much water content) creates problems with the pumpkin layer being too runny. If you purchase another brand, strain the pumpkin filling if it is watery.