These Cucumber Chicken Roll-ups are so refreshing and is best served during your BBQ parties. All that Cucumber Water will help keep you hydrated. Vitamin K helps blood clot and keeps the bones safe. Vitamin A has many tasks, such as vision, the immune system, and reproduction. It also ensures that organs like your heart, your lungs, and your kidneys function the way they should. The lignans can help prevent osteoporosis, heart disease, and cancer.
Cucumbers may have health benefits outside of your body, too. Putting them on your skin may help relieve sunburn pain, swelling, and skin damage. That’s why sometimes people put a slice or two under their eyes in the hopes of shrinking bags and easing puffiness.
Prep: 20 mins | Total: 20 mins | Serving: 15 | Yield: 15 roll-ups
- (1) English cucumber, halved lengthwise
- (1) (12.5 fl oz) can chicken breast, drained and flaked
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- (2) medium (4-1/8″ long)s green onions, finely chopped
- (1) Roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 (7.2 oz) package Original Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®
- Slice the cucumber halves lengthwise with a mandoline or knife into 1/8 inch thick long slices.
- Add and mix chicken, Neufchatel cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, tomato, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt until well blended.
- Lay the cucumber slices flat on a work surface.
- Spoon two tsp of chicken mixture on the bottom (flat) edge of each slice; roll-up.
- Secure with toothpicks and place rolls upright like cups on a serving plate. Push a Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisp® about halfway down into the chicken mixture.
If you prefer other meat or fish in this recipe, then you can use it too.
Many people wash, cut, and throw their cucumbers in a salad. You may want to soak them up in saltwater before you do so. It will reduce their water content and prevent the cucumbers from making the salad dressing watery.
Per Serving: 113.7 calories; 20.6 mg cholesterol; 346.5 mg sodium; 7.1 g protein; 12.7 g carbohydrates.