If you are a dessert lover, you know that finding a healthy and delicious one, which would be low in calories, is not an easy task.
Traditional brownies are often high in inflammatory ingredients such as flour, processed sugar, and pasteurized hormone filled dairy, and thus raise blood sugar, and the levels of cortisol(stress hormone) and insulin (fat storage) and lead to weight gain, mood issues, and hormonal imbalances.
On the other hand, the brownies we are suggesting today are rich in antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats!
This is due to the remarkable properties of the main ingredient- avocado.
These fruits are one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, as they are rich sources of essential amino acids, fatty acids, and antioxidant phytonutrients.
Moreover, avocados are abundant in oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fat that increases fat metabolism, the carotenoid antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, and Vitamin E (tocopherol). These antioxidants reduce oxidative stress and support the health of the cellular environment.
Avocadoes are also high in ionic potassium and folate, which alkalize the body and help the elimination of acidic wastes from the body.
Here is how to prepare grain-and-sugar-free avocado brownies:
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado (about 1/2 an avocado)
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter (almond, cashew, tahini, etc)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- Bake Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 325° F, and line a regular size loaf pan with parchment paper, or grease it with coconut oil.
- Then, leave the chocolate chips aside, and blend all other ingredients in a blender.
- When they are mixed well, add the chocolate chips, and transfer the batter to the loaf pan.
- Use a spoon to level the batter across the pan evenly, as it will be sticky and thick. Bake for 20 minutes.
- The, leave it to cool and slice it.