A quick and easy soup, you’ll be surprised by the rich flavor in such a simple recipe. Nonna’s Italian Style Chicken Noodle Soup tastes like …
Nonna’s Italian Style Chicken Noodle Soup tastes like Grandma slaved away at the stove all day stirring the love into every last drop. I am assuming by now …
It’s the best chicken soup I’ve ever tasted. Its best … Gently lay a full clump of fresh Italian parsley on top. Fill close … Bring your soup to a boil and add noodles.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of thinly sliced celery
- 2-3 cups of thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 of a large white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnishing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb acini di pepe
- To a large dutch oven, or other soup pot, add the broth, olive oil, celery, carrots, onion, and parsley. Over high heat, bring the soup to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to medium and continue boiling for 15-20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- While the soup cooks, prepare the pasta according to the package directions JUST until al dente. Immediately strain and run around cold water, stirring until all the pasta is cool to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat again, this time to medium low, and stir in the chicken, Parmesan, and salt and pepper. Let the soup cook an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls. Stir in the desired amount of pasta into each bowl. Garnish shreds of freshly grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, if desired.