Okay. I confess. Again. I may have committed the ultimate sin. Because if making a jumbo-sized chocolate chip cookie is not enough….I decided to stuff it — with Nutella. This buttery and gooey on the inside – crispy and set on the outside – Nutella stuffed magical pie of-a-chocolate-chip-cookie had all of us weak at the knees begging for more, desperately scraping each and every crumb directly outta the pan like we’d been starving for weeks.
- ½ cup light butter (or your spread of choice), softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup natural sweetener (or your sugar of choice: white, coconut, raw, castor, etc)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour (light spelled)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup Nutella, melted
- Preheat oven to 175c | 350° F. Line a 9″ cast iron skillet (or pie dish) with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sweetener/sugar, and vanilla, and whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and whisk again until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Fold in half the chocolate chips and spoon ½ the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds OR over the stove top in a heat-proof dish over a pot of boiling water until it becomes thinner in consistency.
- Pour the Nutella over the cookie dough in the skillet evenly to 1-inch of the edges.
- Top with remaining cookie dough, smoothing the layer with the back of a metal spoon (and your fingers if you need to). Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes for a gooey cookie, or cover after 30 minutes with aluminum foil and bake for a further 10 minutes for a ‘set’ cookie. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.