Simple and tasty pan fried salmon cakes! Just salmon, eggs, onion, and black pepper. Mix it all up, shape into patties and you are ready to go! Great with …
- 1 (6 oz) drained can of skinless and boneless pink salmon.
- 2 tbsp of diced onion.
- A good pinch of salt and pepper.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 tbsp of buttermilk.
- 2 tbsps of cornmeal.
- 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Mix together the salmon, onion, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix in the egg, buttermilk, cornmeal, and flour until well combined.
- In a medium iron skillet, heat ¼ of vegetable oil over medium-high heat and drop spoonfuls of the salmon mixture and flatten out just a tad.
- Fry for about a minute per side until golden brown and place on a paper sack or paper towel to drain.
- Simple, easy and yummy! You won’t believe how good this salmon tastes.
- I serve it with a nice cold vegetable salad and some rice. Give it a shot, you won’t regret it.